Saturday, June 19, 2010

Salon Professionals????

Ok so I think I pretty much decided what I want to do with my career. I am going to go to Paul mitchell school. BUT the only thing that ever kept me back and that is now lingering in my head is will I really make alot of money doing this?? I dont want to settle for less than 90,000 a year but am very driven and want to make over 100,000 a year. Can I really do hair and make that much? My dad says yes cuz he knows this normal lady who works at a salon and spa and she does only nails and makes over a 100,000. But is there any hair professionals out there that make alot? and not by doing celebrity hair but just working in a really nice area in a high end salon and spa. So any of you out there do hair and make alot? please help i wanna know if i should go through with this. I dont want to do 2 years of schooling to find out I wont make as much as I want to doing this and that I could have gone to business school during that time. I just want to do hair so bad but i wanna be able to travle



Salon Professionals????

I went to the Ohio Academy (Paul Mitchel school) and in the end I found out I hated doing hair. But that is beside the point. haha. You can make a lot of money, and especially going to Paul Mitchel You will get a chance to travel. Get in with the school and the instructors and even admin. when they come to the school (they will!) and you will always have open doors. If it is really what you want to do than go for it. You get out what you put in. You wont start with that much money, but you can sure work up to that much.



Salon Professionals????

If you're very talented than yes, you can make A LOT of money.



Recently, a friend of mine's mom sold her salon for 2.5 million dollars. And she lives in a little city in Ontario, Canada.



But you need to be, well, a professional.



Salon Professionals????

very possible. I own my own salon and love it. The only advise I would give you is continue your education by going to hair shows, color and cutting classes that supply houses give, books, dvd's on cutting new styles.



It's amazing how much the industry can change in a matter of months. Look how often styles change. It's up to you to keep up with it. If you can do that, then your golden. You have to be true to this career. It's not something you can sit around and pick up later when your bored. If your hard working and willing to not sit and wait for things to happen to you then the money you can make is insurmountable. Good luck.



Salon Professionals????

You're going to make more going to business school.



But here's the catch...



Is business school going to make you happy? Are you going to love your job everyday?



You have tons of choices of salons to work at, from Great Clips to very high end salons. At places like Great Clips, you wont make as much per hour as you would at a high end salon, but you will cut more heads of hair, generating more tips. However, working at a high end salon, there will be fewer tips , but bigger.



I went to cosmotology school, graduated and then decided that I wanted to be an accountant. My license has since expired and I regret it.



You can always go back to school later and get a new degree. If you really want to be a hair desinger, follow your dreams.



You probably wont make a six-figure salary doing it, but you'll love what you do and that will change your life.



Salon Professionals????

You can make that much but you need to be talented and enjoy the work and working with the public. It will take time and will be easier to earn those amounts in populated fashion oriented areas. If you are sure you LOVE doing hair than this will be easier for you. Once you get to be very good there are some opportunities to travel and do hair. Work on a cruise ship or do platform work even as an assistant... The trick is to be patient! Find a good salon with a strong training program and tough it out. I would caution you on the need to spend BIG bucks on Paul Mitchell training. Most cosmetology schools just teach you what is needed to pass the state test. I went to the county Vo-Tech for a fraction of the cost of a private school and got great offers for work in good top end salons with paid training. The added advantage of Vocational schools is that they also don't charge you extra for everything and there are little if any penulties if you choose to quit. The money you save on under grad schooling could be used to take training after you are licensed. GOOD LUCK

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
avast